- Click Here For More Specific Information On:
- Nose Job Without Surgery
The surgery can vary from minimally invasive to more extensive and sophisticated surgery.
A facelift can help remove excess skin. It can also tighten the underlying tissues and muscle and redrape skin on the face as well as the neck.
The potential for complications while performing surgery persist, just as for any other operation.
Pain is probably the most significant drawback of plastic surgery, and recovery times can be as long as six months in a few cases.
Some individuals may be at risk of severe reactions to anaesthesia or may develop health problems such as bleeding as a result of their surgery.
You need to discuss with Doctor regarding risks involved in the procedure.
Severe side effects:
Any surgical procedure carries a certain amount of risk, which may include excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding , wound becomes infected, delayed healing of wounds, numbness, breathing difficulties, unfavourable scarring, extrusion of implants or sutures, pain, and the need for revision of the surgery.
Worsened Self Image:
Cosmetic surgery is not necessarily a purely aesthetic choice few choose it out of low self esteem and depression. If this is the true intention behind the surgery, than you will most probably never feel better after surgery because the underlying problems will still be unresolved.
All in all, however, if complications are few and the benefits far outweigh the risks then Cosmetic Surgery is a procedure that can change your life for the better.
Preparing For Facelift Surgery
If you are considering FACELIFT SURGERY, it is important to take the time to determine why you want the surgery in the first place. If you have a medical need, or if you truly feel that reshaping your face will improve your quality of life, then you are a good candidate if you meet the aforementioned criteria.
While some people think that FACELIFT SURGERY is just a cosmetic procedure, it is in fact a medical procedure required for some people. FACELIFT SURGERY is done, not just to enhance your appearance but to also contribute to your overall health. Although having a FACELIFT SURGERY is common for Hollywood and bollywood celebrities and those who work in the limelight, certain life circumstances can force you to go under the knife. Here are some medically-necessary reasons that require you to have FACELIFT SURGERY.
- The most appropriate way to consider your competency for any kind of plastic surgery is to schedule an appointment with a proficient surgeon.
- During the first encounter the doctor will try to understand why you feel the need to have a surgery and also what are your expectations from the outcome of the surgery.
- The physician will evaluate your medical history; inquire about your current medication and medical condition. He should also be aware of everything you take, including vitamin supplements or herbal products since they might interfere with other medicines used during surgery. The surgeon might ask you to perform blood tests and a few general lab tests to monitor your current health status.
- The surgeon will perform a physical exam, to have a close look at the skin, associated muscles and bones, their quality and the kind of changes that can be made. Surgeon might also suggest an additional surgery which will enhance or compliment your look,
- and last but not the least; the physician will assess your mental fitness to check whether you are ready to undergo the surgery.
- Recovery is basically the time required to get back to a relatively normal routine.
- Patients who wish to undergo FACELIFT SURGERY must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public.
- The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed.
- It can take up to two three weeks to return to work and perform everyday activities. After consulting with the doctor, People can utilise this time to go on a vacation or nurture themselves.
- Sometimes the FACELIFT SURGERY doesn’t produce the results the patient imagines. This gap between imagination and reality may frustrate patient.
- Expecting unrealistic results, like the surgery will make you look like a Hollywood or Bollywood star and automatically solve all of your problems, can be a significant drawback to having cosmetic procedures.
- To have a better experience, it is extremely important to consult a qualified doctor before planning the surgery and develop a rational idea of what the end result will look like.
After Effects Of Surgery
There are chances of having mild to moderate pain and discomfort post surgery. The pain can be easily regulated with oral medications.The distress and pain should reduce within 72 hours after surgery. A reasonable increase in pain post 72 hours should prompt you to contact the doctor.
Swelling can differ from patient to patient. It might increase during first three to four days before subsiding.Things that can be done to reduce swelling include keeping the head elevated as much as possible; avoid bending over or lifting heavy objects.Prolonged sun exposure should also be avoided for the initial two to three months.
Most bruising and discoloration resolve within the first two to three weeks. Make up can be applied to cover up the discolouration when been seen in public.
The body part that undergoes the surgery can be numb for few days. The feeling of numbness is normal and shall reduce over upcoming weeks. Unusual sensations and moderate discomfort can persist while the nerves are regenerating over time.
Sometimes bleeding can occur, post surgery. You can lie down with your head elevated but if the bleeding still persists at this point, it would be advisable to consult your doctor.
It is perfectly alright for patients to go through a period of mild depression after the cosmetic surgery as after some days or weeks which depends on surgery, patients generally becomes anxious and expects the results when swelling and bruising still persists. But the patient should realize that it is a temporary condition and things are bound to improve over a period of time.
Post Surgery Do’s And Don’ts
Ask your doctor. for better and suitable guidelines. Following are the general instructions which should help you get the best results from your surgery.
Post Surgery do’s and don’ts:
- No vigorous exercise, contact sports and running for minimum of two weeks.
- No lifting heavy objects for at least 3 weeks.
- Avoid pullover clothing for two weeks especially if you have undergone a face surgery.
- Bypass hard chewing foods for a few days.
- Avoid yawning and wide mouth opening for two to three weeks.
- Avoid nose blowing or sniffing through the nose especially after rhinoplasty or nose job.
- Avoid driving a vehicle for a few days after surgery.
- No swimming for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid laughing, smiling, or other facial expressions that need a lot of movement.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Prefer using a mild soap and shampoo while taking a shower.
It is essential to maintain the tape and cover on the surgery to keep it dry. Once the doctor advises to remove the tape you can to gently wash your surgery area twice a day to help reduce oiliness.
You should be prompt enough to contact the doctor immediately, for any signs of bleeding that persist for more than ten minutes, infections, redness, swelling, fever, pain etc.
Exercising After Facelift
After cosmetic surgery many patients asks about post surgery exercise or when can they resume their gym activity. Patients needs to understand that, its extremely crucial to give enough time for proper healing of your body, for eg strain on muscles, excessive sweating, stretching of the skin etc. can delay the recovery.
You need to consult your doctor about
- How soon you can start exercising?
- What type of exercise?
- How much time?
Don’t start exercise without asking your doctor and follow guidelines given by your doctor as for complete healing, body needs time, and you need enough energy level for your routine and gym.
Seek Medical Help
CALL THE OFFICE PROMPTLY IF YOU NOTICE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Development of a temperature elevation exceeding 100 degrees.
- An unusual amount of bleeding from the surgery area
- Significant reinjury of the surgery area
- A significant increase in pain even after taking your prescribed medication
In such situations, we expect you to call to the clinic even after office hour, Please do not hesitate to call us or present yourself to the emergency section of the clinic for evaluation.